Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
The ONLY personally identifiable information we collect, store or transmit is your email address should you contact us, or subscribe to our email newsletter.
We do not collect, store or transmit any personally identifiable information about our visitors when you are browsing our website.
Examples of anomynous usage data collected may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Web page requests
- Referring web pages
- Browser used to access site
- Time and date of access
- City of access
- Time spent on the website
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Cookies can be classified into four categories.
- Strictly necessary cookies. Strictly necessary cookies allow core website functionality including some third party cookies that are used to add content and functionality to our website. The website cannot be used properly without strictly necessary cookies.
- Performance cookies. Performance cookies are used to see how visitors use the website, eg. analytics cookies. Those cookies cannot be used to directly identify a certain visitor.
- Targeting (Advertising) cookies. Targeting cookies are used to identify visitors between different websites, eg. content partners, banner networks. Those cookies may be used by companies to build a profile of visitor interests or show relevant ads on other websites.
- Functionality cookies. Functionality cookies are used to remember visitor information on the website, eg. language, timezone, enhanced content.
Our cookies help us:
- Remember your settings during and between visits. An example would be for us to avoid showing you our newsletter opt-in each time you visit.
- Offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising).
- Include third party tools and content that are useful to our visitors. Examples include Google map and direction Services, Photos and reviews of attractions and restaurants from Google Places API, Yelp API, YouTube videos about attractions.
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook.
- Improve the user experience on our website, by analyzing how visitors interact with it.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Cookies may share non-personally identifiable information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. Scroll down for more details on these specific uses.
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
In other jurisdictions, on your first visit you will be shown a cookie consent banner where you can choose to opt-in or opt-out of some or all non-essential cookies. This choice will be remembered as you browse the website and can be changed at any time by clicking on the cookie icon in the lower right hand corner.
More about our Cookies
Our own cookies
- Remembering if we have already showed you our newsletter sign-up.
- Remembering if we have already shown you our Facebook Page subscription exit pop-up.
Even if you disable all cookies in your browser settings, our website will still work, but you will see our exit pop-up and newsletter sign-up appear every time you visit a page on our site.
Third Party Content Cookies
- YouTube - Owned by Google - Powers most videos embedded on our site.
- Google Maps API - Powers some map and direction services on out site.
- Booking.com - Powers the hotel deals and hotel map widgets
Disabling these cookies may affect or break some of the functions offered by these third parties.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies may be set by: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service supplied by Google Inc. (“Google”), to compile anomynous visitor statistics such as how many people have visited our website, what type of technology they are using (e.g. Mac or Windows which helps to identify when our site isn't working as it should for a particular technology), how long they spend on the site, what page(s) they visit, how they reached this site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before. We can see what countries and cities our visitors are coming from. This information helps us improve our website
Google Analytics uses “cookies” in order to analyse your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is normally transferred to a Google server in the USA, where it is saved. Your IP address is abbreviated before transmission to Google. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google uses this information to analyse your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities, and to provide other services for the website operator related to the use of the website and internet usage. The IP address identified from your browser by Google Analytics will not be merged with other data collected by Google.
Targeting (Advertising) Cookies
- Google's use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
To learn more on how Google manages data in its products see Google Privacy and Terms.
Turning Cookies Off
You can also block cookies for all sites by adjusting your browser settings to prevent it from accepting cookies. You can choose to turn off all cookies or just 3rd party cookies. Disabling 3rd party cookies is a good option to reduce tracking while maintaining most of the functionality on the site you are visiting. Learn how to disable cookies in most browsers here.
In order to operate our website and provide content and tools free of charge, TourbyTransit is a participant in several affiliate advertising programs.
We are compensated in the form of a commission when you visit the partnering website and complete a purchase or carry out a specified action.
For your convenience, we have listed links to the privacy policies of the businesses we promote through their affiliate programs.
You may send enquiries to us by emailing . When you email us we collect no personally identifiable information except what you provide voluntarily in the email. We only use the information you provide to respond to your enquiry. We do not share it with any third party.
Our email newsletter may place a an electronic file the size of a single pixel, that is placed in the email and loaded when you open it. By using email pixels, we can see if the eamil we sent was opened or not.
Other than transferring your email address (when you provide it) to MailChimp for the purpose of managing our email newsletter, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties any personal information.
We are not responsible for the correctness, integrity or ownership of the information provided by third parties for whom there are redirecting links from this website. We nonetheless seek to ensure that these third parties to whom we link are trustworthy sites that provide additional information helpful to our visitors. We recommend you review the privacy practices of other websites you interact with and determine the adequacy of those practices.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
No, we do not allow third-party behavioural tracking on this website.
or by regular mail at:
45566 Worthington Place
Chilliwack, BC Canada V2R1N6