WILD LIFE Sydney (formerly called Sydney Wildlife Park), winner of the Australian Tourism Best family-focused tourism award in 2007, opened in 2006. Located on the east shore of Darling Harbour right next to Sydney Aquarium and Madame Tussauds wax museum makes it easy to visit both attractions.
The WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo is great fun for the entire family. Learn about Australian wildlife as you stroll along the one kilometre walkway and explore the many exciting exhibits. The exhibits are representive of a variety of Australian habitats, regions and species. Witness Australia's largest snake, enjoy the colourful splendour of butterflies in the Butterfly Tropics, see cute koalas at Gum Tree Valley, or get your picture taken with one at Koala Encounters. Be sure to smile at Rex (see picture below), the giant Saltwater Crocodile in Kakadu Gorge. Get yourself a little lost in the Daintree Rainforest, home to the huge Southern Cassowary — the most dangerous bird on the planet (if provoked). Hop back in time with the wallabies and wombats of Wallaby Cliffs and visit the Kangaroo Walk-About to stroll amongst the kangaroos and wallabies. Later, you can feasts your eyes on the wonderful world after dark at Nightfall.
In addition to the above you will find interactive hands-on displays. With its wide variety of unique and legendary Australian animals, WILD LIFE Sydney is great fun and also educational for the whole family. Don't forget to bring your camera!
Facts For Your Visit
Official Website: WILD LIFE Sydney ZooFee:
Many indoor and even some outdoor tourist attractions are temporarily closed due to the Global COVID-19 pandemic. If the hours of operation are shown below, they may not reflect these closures. Please verify hours with any attraction before visiting.
We believe the measures being taken are absolutely neccessary to preserve lives and we pray for everyone and their families as the world works together to get through this crisis.
- Monday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
1-5 Wheat Rd
Darling Harbour New South Wales 2000
Joanna L. Feb-25-2020
Koala koala koala. It is here I discovered my spirit animal. Koalas spend 90% of their life sleeping, the other 10% eating Eucalyptus tree leaves. If that... Read More
Eric C. Feb-23-2020
Most people when they come to Sydney and want to see animals think of Taronga Zoo. Don't get me wrong, I still think that Taronga Zoo is one of the best... Read More
Jay Y. Feb-08-2020
We did the "Breakfast with Koalas" tour in Sept 2019 at the complex downtown and considering there was a Madame Tussaud's next door, this place screamed... Read More
Accommodations near WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo:
|Line||Nearest Station||Walking Time|
|Light Rail||L1 - Pyrmont Bay or L2 - Town Hall||10 minutes|
|T1, T2, T3 or T4||Town Hall||10 minutes|
|Ferry||Darling Harbour Aquarium Wharf||1 minute|
How to get to WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo by
By Light Rail L1: Exit at Pyrmont Bay and cross Murray Street and walk across the Pyrmont Bay Bridge. WILD LIFE Sydney is on the harbourfront just north of the east end of the bridge on the far side of the Aquarium.
By Train or Light Rail L2: From Town Hall Station walk north to Druit Street and proceed west watching for the pedestrian ramp off to your right. Follow the ramp to the harbourside and go left (south) along the harbour.
You can also get to WILD LIFE Sydney via pedestrian ramps from either Market or King Street.
By Ferry: Take a Darling Harbour Ferry from Circular Quary Wharf 5.
Map & Instant Route Finder
Click&Go Map and Route Finder with public transit, walking, driving or cycling directions. Get up-to-the-minute transit times for your route.