This walking tour can be done in either direction, as it starts and finishes at a Canada Line Skytrain Station. As with our other self-guided walks, you will enjoy some great views of Vancouver and some of its inner waterfront (see the photos tab).
This walk loops around the eastern half of False Creek and has the advantage of being mostly on pedestrian only paths and the seawall. You will pass by a couple of Vancouver Parks as well as famous landmarks like Telus World of Science and BC Place Stadium and finally into Yaletown. Most of the land along the north side of False Creek was at one time a run down industrial area. It became the site of the Expo 86 World's Fair and was subsequently developed into a beautiful and trendy neighbourhood with a seawall and plenty of green space.
We will outline this self-guided walk from the south side of False Creek at the Olympic Village Skytrain Station, however it is easily done in reverse starting from Yaletown-Roundhouse Station. The walk is 4.0 kms long, which should normally take about 1 hour at a normal walking pace, but of course with stops to explore and enjoy the scenery it will take longer. We suggest you allow about 2 hours.
Click on the Map & Directions tab for step-by-step directions.
|SkyTrain Line||Nearest Station||Walking Time|
|Canada Line||Olympic Village||0 Minutes|
How to get to False Creek Walking Tour by SkyTrain
- Start at Olympic Village Skytrain Station on the Canada Line.
- Exit right (west) onto West 2nd Ave. and walk to Ash St. then go right.
- At the end of Ash St. follow the path across the train tracks and small green space to the intersection of Commodore and Moberly Road and go right on Moberly.
- Follow Moberly Rd. to the seawall (next to Monk McQueen's Restaurant.
- Walk east along the False Creek seawall and continue to follow it as it turns north past Telus World of Science and then west again towards BC Place Stadium.
- When the seawall reaches the round-about at the foot of Davie Street, head up Davie until you reach the end of the walk at Yaletown-Roundhouse Skytrain Station.