This walking tour along Vancouver's waterfront and optionally into Stanley Park offers some beautiful vistas of the northshore mountains, Coal Harbour, and Stanley Park. There is a pedestrian walkway spanning most of the walk making for a very enjoyable walk without having to deal with cars and traffic lights.
This walk takes you from Waterfront Station past the Olympic Torch and all along the edge of Burrard Inlet. You will see the bustling activity in the Harbour, including the steady arrivals and departures of float planes. Along the way you will also see marinas filled with luxury yachts and houseboats and on the other side lots of green space and overlooked by the residential high rises beyond. There are a number of places to eat along the walk ranging from ice cream and snack bars to upscale dining. This walk will lead you right up to the entrance to Stanley Park. If you wish you can extend your walk into the park and along a portion of the Stanley Park seawall.
Our recommended harbourfront walking tour begins from Waterfront Station. This walk is 3.2 kms each way and would normally take under 1 hour each way at a normal walking pace, but of course with stops to explore and soak up the scenery it will take longer. We suggest you allow a minimum of 2½ hours for the round trip.
Click on the Map & Directions tab for step-by-step directions.
Accommodations near Devonian Harbour Park:
|SkyTrain Line||Nearest Station||Walking Time|
|Expo or Canada Line||Waterfront Station||0 Minutes|
How to get to Devonian Harbour Park by SkyTrain
From Waterfront Station on the Canada Line exit onto Granville Street and walk north to Cordova, then left (west), then right into the plaza ½ block past Howe St. From there, just follow directions above, or the route on the map below.
From Waterfront Station on the Expo Line Exit onto Cordova and go right (west) and continue as described above.
To return by bus, walk under the Georgia Street entrance Stanley Park to the bus stop by Lost Lagoon (see map below) where you can catch the #19 Metrotown bus back into downtown Vancouver and get off at Granville St.
- Start at Waterfront Skytrain Station and follow the steps in the 'Getting There' box below to the starting point at the plaza just off Cordova St. Nearby attraction: Canada Place.
- Go Left out of the plaza onto Canada Place and head west past the Vancouver Convention Centre until you see the plaza with the Olympic Torch on your right. Nearby attraction: Olympic Torch.
- Head north across the plaza and then double back down the walkway that leads to the path along the seawall.
- From here you simply follow the seawall along the scenic Vancouver harbourfront all the way to the entrance to Stanley Park. If you have the time (and energy) you can spend hours exploring Stanley Park as well, or you may want to save that for another day. Nearby attractions: Harbour Air Seaplanes, Harbour Green Park, marinas, Coal Harbour, Stanley Park.
- You can return by the same route or take a bus back into downtown. If you wish to return by bus, just cross beneath the Georgia Street entrance into the park to the bus stop by Lost Lagoon (see map below) where you can catch the #19 bus back into downtown Vancouver.