Montreal's Best Shopping
Discover Montreal's wide variety of shopping experiences
Below you will find a brief introduction and links to more information about Montreal's best shopping centres and districts. Each area is easy to access by Metro. You can enjoy differing shopping experiences by exploring the various historic neighbourhoods and districts.
Make your way to any of the following Montreal shopping centres or districts and discover what the city's merchants have to offer
- Bonsecours Market: A farmers market for almost a century, this iconic landmark of Old Montreal now houses boutique shops and galleries with a focus on unique goods and works of art from Canada and Quebec.
- Eaton Centre: Montreal's premier downtown shopping mall offers 5 levels of shops and services - enough to keep the most diehard shopper happy all day.
- RESO (Underground City): The Montreal Underground network is lined with many shops throughout much of its extensive system of paths. You can easily get yourself lost exploring the 100s of shops and services throughout. This is the perfect place to explore during inclement weather.
- Rue Bernard: This street located in the Outremont area has many unique shops in historic buildings lining the road - a great place to go shopping during nice weather.
- Rue St-Catherine: This major Montreal thoroughfare extends through the commercial downtown area and features many shops and services along its length including the huge Eaton Centre listed above.
- Rue St-Paul - Old Montreal: This is a favourite area for locals and visitors to explore and shop. Charming restaurants and boutique shops with their unique goods line the cobblestone sides of this historic street and the surrounding area. This area has the feel of Old Europe to it.
- Chinatown: For bargains on Chinese merchandise and trinkets be sure to check out Chinatown.