Below you will find information about Toronto shopping centres that are close to the subway along with a number of exclusive and ethnic neighbourhoods that each provide a unique, vibrant shopping experience.
Make your way to following Toronto neighbourhoods to explore their interesting shops and boutiques
- Chinatown : For inexpensive trinkets, bargains and Chinese merchandise check out the Toronto's historic Chinatown.
- Distillery Historic District : You will find a number of art studios and exclusive boutiques in this pedestrian friendly historic neighbourhood.
- GreekTown : Check out the numerous shops and services along Danforth Avenue in GreekTown.
- Little India : Don't miss the Gerrard India Bazaar along Gerrard Street in what is known as Little India. It features North America's largest South Asian marketplace. The many colourful shops here are open until 9 pm each night.
- Little Italy : If you are looking for some Italian goods and services the many shops along College Street in Little Italy are at your service.
- Kensington Market : This diverse market community is one of Toronto's most famous marketplaces and it also has lots of good, yet inexpensive little places to eat. It is a National Historic Site of Canada.
- St. Lawrence Market : If you don't want to miss out sampling the huge variety of fresh food at the best farmers market in the world, the you have to visit this famous historic Toronto marketplace.
- Yorkville : Yorkville is an upscale neighbourhood that is home to flagship stores for many major retail chains. You will also find many exclusive shops and boutiques here selling everything from top designer fashions, to art and antiques.
For something to do during lousy weather check out the 100s of shops and services in Toronto's extensive underground PATH
- PATH : The PATH a huge underground network connected to over 1000 Toronto shops and services.
Larger Toronto shopping malls that are close to the subway
- Dufferin Mall
- Eaton Centre (Downtown Toronto)
- Fairview Mall
- The Path (Underground Toronto)
- Shoppers World (Danforth)
- Scarborough Town Centre--(Scarborough)
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre
While not close to the subway Pacific Mall is a tourist attraction in its own rite and it is easy to get to with a combination of subway and bus . It is North America's largest indoor Asian mall and definitely provides a shopping experience that is unique from the usual mall scene.