There is an abundance of amazing architecture in Manhattan including an ornate church from the 1800s, early 20th century skyscrapers and modern towers. As you walk through the streets of New York, you will see a multitude of interesting buildings embodying a variety of architectural styles.
Architectural Walking Tour Directions
To explore New York's architectural highlights our walking tour begins at the 23rd street Subway Station accessible from the 4, 6, N, R, F, or M Train. This walk is about 4.5 kms long and should take about 1h 15m at a normal walking pace, not including stops. We suggest you allow a minimum of 3 hrs to give yourself time to explore.
For turn by turn directions and a map of this tour just click on the 'Map and Directions' tab above.
|Subway Line||Nearest Station||Walking Time|
|4, 6, N, R, F, or M||23rd Street Station||2 minutes|
How to get to Greeley Square by Subway
- Begin at the The Flatiron Building at Broadway and 23rd Street.
- Walk north along Broadway to 33rd Street.
- Right on 33rd Street - Empire State Building.
- Left on 5th Avenue to the New York Public Library at 40th Street.
- Right on 42nd Street to Grand Central Terminal followed by the Chrysler Building on your left.
- Left on 49th Street past the Waldorf Astoria Hotel and Towers.
- Right on Madison Avenue to St. Patrick's Cathedral.
- Left on 51st Street and Left on 6th Avenue to the Radio City Music Hall.
- Left on 50th Street and right into Rockefeller Center plaza.